We strongly recommend that you take a fully comprehensive travel insurance policy for your protection and peace of mind.
Travel insurance (subject to the insurance company's policy conditions) include cover for cancellations due to unforeseen events, medical costs, luggage, money, rental car excesses etc.
We suggest you ensure the policy commences when you make your first payment towards your holiday to ensure you receive the benefit of the cancellation and curtailment section of the travel insurance.
Shore Travel Insurance with Allianz Partners
MEDICAL COVER RELATED TO COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) - UPDATED 06 MARCH 2020
Allianz Partners has introduced leisure and business travel insurance for international travel with selected cover for epidemic and pandemic diseases.
While there will still be a general exclusion for epidemics and pandemics, there will be provision to claim for cancellation if you contract an epidemic or pandemic disease such as Covid-19 after purchasing your policy and can no longer travel. Cover for medical claims directly related to an epidemic or pandemic disease such as Covid-19 will only apply after you commence your journey.
It is important to note that there is no cover for lockdowns, changes in government alert levels, quarantine or mandatory isolation applying to a population or part of a population. The policy will not respond in the event that any government calls for border closures. As with any travel insurance, disinclination to travel due to fear or change of mind is not covered.
Even the most carefully planned travel experiences can go unexpectedly wrong. Regardless of how careful you are, it is important to prepare for the unforeseen and organise travel insurance as soon as you have confirmed your holiday booking. With Shore Travel Insurance, advice and assistance are just a phone call away.
We offer two plan options
- The Essentials plan: Restricted benefits and lower policy limits
- The Comprehensive plan: Higher limits and extended benefits
Both policies offer the following standard policy features:
- Cover for medical and repatriation expenses
- Emergency assistance provided 24 hours/7 days a week
- Replacement cover for baggage items less than 2 years old
- Dependent Children under 21 years covered at no additional charge
- Rental vehicle excess cover
- Some recreational sports are covered automatically including:
- Leisure skiing and snowboarding
- Diving underwater using an artificial breathing apparatus at a depth no greater than 30 meters (provided you hold an open water diving license recognized in New Zealand or dive with an instructor licensed for these activities)
- Hot air ballooning
- Parasailing and paragliding
- Bungee jumping
- White–water rafting in grade 4 or less rivers
Our Comprehensive policy also includes:
- Civil unrest for the Pacific Islands
- Terrorism cover
- Automatic cover for some pre-existing medical conditions
You can also ask us for the following:
- Increased cover for specified high value items
- Cover for pre-existing medical conditions
- Your request will be subject to assessment, and if agreed, an additional premium may be payable.
Shore Travel Insurance is issued and managed by Allianz Partners and underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd ABN 78 090 584 473 (Incorporated in Australia). You should consider the Policy Wording before making any decisions about this travel insurance policy.
Financial Strength Rating and Overseas Policyholder Preference Disclosure Notice
The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd has a financial strength rating of A- (Excellent) issued by A.M.Best Company Inc. The rating scale is:
A++, A+ (Superior), A, A- (Excellent) , B++, B+ (Good), B, B- (Fair), C++, C (Marginal), C, C- (Weak), D (Poor), E (Under Regulatory Supervision), F (In Liquidation), S (Suspended)