Travel Insurance with Allianz Partners
Medical Cover related to Covid-19 (updated 06 March 2020)
Allianz Partners has introduced leisure and business travel insurance for international travel with selected cover for epidemic and pandemic diseases.
While there will still be a general exclusion for epidemics and pandemics, there will be provision to claim for cancellation if you contract an epidemic or pandemic disease such as Covid-19 after purchasing your policy and can no longer travel. Cover for medical claims directly related to an epidemic or pandemic disease such as Covid-19 will only apply after you commence your journey.
It is important to note that there is no cover for lockdowns, changes in government alert levels, quarantine or mandatory isolation applying to a population or part of a population. The policy will not respond in the event that any government calls for border closures. As with any travel insurance, disinclination to travel due to fear or change of mind is not covered.
Even the most carefully planned travel experiences can go unexpectedly wrong. Regardless of how careful you are, it is important to prepare for the unforeseen and organise travel insurance as soon as you have confirmed your holiday booking. With Allianz Travel Insurance, advice and assistance are just a phone call away.
We offer two plan options
- The Essentials plan: Restricted benefits and lower policy limits
- The Comprehensive plan: Higher limits and extended benefits
Both policies offer the following standard policy features:
- Cover for medical and repatriation expenses
- Emergency assistance provided 24 hours/7 days a week
- Replacement cover for baggage items less than 2 years old
- Dependent Children under 21 years covered at no additional charge
- Rental vehicle excess cover
Some recreational sports are covered automatically including:
- Leisure skiing and snowboarding
- Diving underwater using an artificial breathing apparatus at a depth no greater than 30 meters (provided you hold an open water diving
- license recognized in New Zealand or dive with an instructor licensed for these activities)
- Hot air ballooning
- Parasailing and paragliding
- Bungee jumping
- White–water rafting in grade 4 or less rivers
Our Comprehensive policy also includes:
- Civil unrest for the Pacific Islands
- Terrorism cover
- Automatic cover for some pre-existing medical conditions
You can also ask us for the following:
- Increased cover for specified high value items
- Cover for pre-existing medical conditions
- Your request will be subject to assessment, and if we agree, an additional premium may be payable.
Enquire with our Travel Planners for the full Policy Wording. This document details the benefits, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions available under each plan option. It is your responsibility to read and understand the Policy Wording prior to buying your insurance with us. Our agents are also available to answer your questions and assist you with the purchase of your travel insurance in store.